Title: Associate professor
Degree: M.D., Ph.D.
Department: Ophthalmology and Visual Science
Research field: Corneal & Ocular Surface Diseases, Corneal Tissue Engineering
Educations:1987-1991 Henan Medical University, Bachelor Degree1998- 2000 Medical school of Japan's National Institute of Akita University, Master degree2000-2004 Japan national Akita University, Ph.D.
Professional Experiences:1991-1998 Physician of ophthalmology2004 Visiting researcher at the Department of Ophthalmology in Japan National Akita University2004 Postdoctoral research at the Tianjin Medical University2007 Ophthalmological Center of Tianjin Medical University as an associate professor2008 Eye Institute of Xiamen University as an associate professor
Research Interest:corneal Langerhans cells, nerves and pediatric ophthalmology.
（link to PubMed for all publications）
1. W Chen*, Liu Z, Tian Q, Niu H, Liu F, Wang X, Xiu Y, N Dong. Levator resection with suspensory ligament of the superior fornix suspension for corretion of pediatric congenital ptosis with poor levator function Eye In press.
2. Liu Z, Qiu F, Zhu Z, Yang W, Zhou X, An J, Huang F, Wang Q, Reinach PS Li W, Chen Wensheng, Liu Z. Adenomatous polyposis coli mutation leads myopia development in mice. PLoS One. 2015;10:e0141144.
3. Huang c, Wang H, Pan J, Zhou D, Chen Wensheng, Chen, et al. Benzalkonium chloride induces subconjunctival fibrosis through the COX-2-modulated activation of a TGF-ß1/Smad3 signaling pathway. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014; 55: 8111-8122.
4. Chen Wensheng, Dong Nuo, Huang Caihong, et al. Corneal alternations induced by topical application of commercial latanoprost, travoprost and bimatoprost in rabbit. PLoS ONE. In press.
5. Chen Wensheng, Zhang Zhenhao, Hu Jiaoyue, et al. Changes in rabbit corneal innervation induced by the topical application of benzalkonium chloride. Cornea. 2013;32:1599-1606.
6. Hu Jiaoyue, Zhang Zhenhao, Xie Hui, Chen Lelei, Zhou Yueping, Chen Wensheng, Liu Zuguo. Serine protease inhibitor A3K protects rabbit corneal endothelium from barrier function disruption induced by TNF-α. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013; 54: 5400-5407.
7. Chen Wensheng, Hu Jiaoyue, Zhang Zhenhao, et al. Localization and expression of zonula occludins-1 in the rabbit corneal epithelium following exposure to benzalkonium chloride. PLoS ONE. 2012;7(7):e40893.
8. Chen Wensheng, Li Zhiyuan, Hu Jiaoyue, et al. Corneal alternations induced by topical application of benzalkonium chloride in rabbit. PLoS ONE. 2012;6(10):e26103.
9. Han Y, Shao Y, Lin Z, Qu YL, Wang H, Zhou Y, Chen W, et al. Netrin-1 simultaneously suppresses corneal inflammation and neovascularization. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012; 53: 1285-1295.
10. Lin H, Li W, Dong N, Chen W, et al. Changes in corneal epithelial layer inflammatory cells in aqueous tear-deficient dry eye. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010; 51: 122-128.
11. Chen Wensheng, Lin Hui, Dong Nuo et al. Cauterization of central cornea induces recruitment of major histocompatibility complex class II+ Langerhans cells from limbal basal epithelium. Cornea. 2010; 29: 73-79.
12. Chai Y, Shao Y, Lin S, Xiong K, Chen W, et al. Vision-related quality of life and emotional impact in children with strabismus: a prospective study. J Int Med Res. 2009:1108-1114.
13. Dong N, Li W, Lin H, Li C, Chen W et al. Abnormal epithelial differentiation and tear film alteration in pinguecula. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:2710-2715.
14. Chen Wensheng, Hara K, Tian Q, et al. Existence of small slow-cycling Langerhans cells in the limbal basal epithelium that express ABCG2. Exp Eye Res. 2007;84:626-634.
15. Chen Wensheng, Zhao K, Li X, et al. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca modified epithelial stem cell proliferation kinetics in conjunctiva. Cornea. 2007;26:1101-1106.
16. Chen Wensheng, Cao L, Hara K, et al. Effect of immunosuppression on survival of allograft limbal stem cells. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2004; 48:440-448.
17. Chen Wensheng, Ishikawa M, Yamaki K, et al. Wistar rat palpebral conjunctiva contains more slow-cycling stem cells that have larger proliferative capacity: Implication for conjunctival epithelial homeostasis. Jpn J Ophthalmol 2003; 47:119-128.