Degree: Ph.D., M.Sci.
Department: Ophthalmology and Visual Science
Research field: Ocular neovascular diseases, corneal immune, dry eye
Dr. Yongxiong Chen graduated from Fujian medical college in 1985, and got his Master and Doctor of Philosophy degree from Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences in 1991 and 1999 respectively. He worked as a teacher in Department of Histology & Embryology of Fujian Medical College from 1985 to 1988, and then a research assistant and later a research associate professor in Department of Nephrology of Division of Medicine of Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences from 1991 to 2003. He had been employed as a Postdoctoral fellow or Research associate in Baylor College of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, the University of Hongkong, Imperial College and Rutgers University from 1999 to 2009. He joined the faculty of Xiamen university in 2010.
Dr. Chen has published more than 30 papers in journals such as nature genetics, the journal of experimental medicine, plos pathogens, invest ophthalmol vis sci, Cancer Manag Res. and so on.
Dr. Chen had engaged in kidney diseases, cancer , virus infections and other research work. Since 2010, he has lied mainly in the area of ocular neovascular disorders, corneal immune and dry eye, His research projects were supported by more than 3 grants including the Natural Science Foundation of Fujian province and National Natural Science Foundation of China.
（link to PubMed for all publications）
1. Liying Tang, Xue Wang, Jieli Wu, Sanming Li, Zhaoqiang Zhang, Sangang Wu, Ting Su,Zhirong Lin, Xueting Chen, Xulin Liao, Ting Bai, Yan Qiu, Peter Sol Reinach, Wei Li, Yongxiong Chen, Zuguo Liu. Sleep Deprivation Induces Dry Eye through Inhibition of PPARα Expression in Corneal Epithelium. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2018, in press
2. Wu SG, Zhang WW, He ZY, Sun JY, Chen YX*, Guo L*. Sites of metastasis and overall survival in esophageal cancer: a population-based study. Cancer Manag Res. 2017 Dec 6;9:781-788.
3. Wu SG, Zhang WW, Sun JY, Li FY, Chen YX*, He ZY*. Postoperative radiotherapy for invasive micropapillary carcinoma of the breast: an analysis of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database. Cancer Manag Res. 2017 Oct 3;9:453-459.
4. Huang C; Wang H; Pan J; Zhou D; Chen W; Li W; Chen Y*; Liu Z. Benzalkonium Chloride induces Subconjunctival Fibrosis through the COX-2- modulated activation of a TGF-β1/Smad3 Signaling Pathway. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014, Nov 18;55(12): 8111-8122.
5. Ma J, Zhou D, Fan M, Wang H, Huang C, Zhang Z, Wu Y, Li W, Chen Y*, Liu Z*. Keratocytes Create Stromal Spaces to Promote Corneal Neovascularization Via MMP13 Expression. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Sep 4;55(10):6691-703.
6. Chen Y, Hwang SL, Chan VS, Chung NP, Wang SR, Li Z, Ma J, Lin CW, Hsieh YJ, Chang KP, Kung SS, Wu YC, Chu CW, Tai HT, Gao GF, Zheng B, Yokoyama KK, Austyn JM, Lin CL. Binding of HIV-1 gp120 to DC-SIGN promotes ASK-1-dependent activation-induced apoptosis of human dendritic cells. PLoS Pathogens. 2013;9(1):e1003100.
7. Chen Y, Chan VS, Zheng B, Chan KY, Xu X, To LY, Huang F, Khoo US, Lin CL. A novel subset of putative stem/progenitor CD34+Oct4+ cells is the major target for SARS coronavirus in human lung. The Journal of Experimental Medicine. 2007; 204(11):2529-2536.
8. Chan VS, Chan KY, Chen Y, Poon LL, Cheung AN, Zheng B, Chan KH, Mak W, Ngan HY, Xu X, Screaton G, Tam PK, Austyn JM, Chan LC, Yip SP, Peiris M, Khoo US, Lin CL. Homozygous L-SIGN (CLEC4M) plays a protective role in SARS coronavirus infection. Nat Genet. 2006; 38(1):38-46.